Hi from Yellow Duck Marketing!
We are a full-service boutique marketing agency, headquartered in South End Charlotte, specializing in branding, research, web design and marketing strategies designed to maximize ROI. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a wingspan from the Carolinas to Washington and clients from Massachusetts to Florida.
About the position
This position will be responsible for managing large-scale projects and client relations.
This team member will be a key contributor to the planning and execution of innovative, branding, PR and digital marketing projects. This role requires previous experience in marketing/design, excellent problem solving and stellar organizational and communication skills. Having real estate marketing experience is a plus.
Overall this role provides three core functions:
Project Planning: You can look at a well-researched and well-written strategy or brief and work with a Strategic Project Lead to turn it into a comprehensive execution plan that includes tasks, timelines, and talent. To accomplish this, you have the access and talent to speak intelligently into all stages of the project conversations — discovery to delivery — and guide the team’s efforts to complete the project.
Resource Management and Leadership: After developing a plan, you can manage the necessary tasks, timelines and budget to see a project accomplished according to schedule and profitably. You are managing tasks, timelines and budgets for both internal and external team members to accomplish all project goals and milestones, assuring the project is on time, on budget and within scope each step of the way.
Client Service and Communications: You’ll be the regular touch-point to support clients’ day-to-day needs, working in close collaboration with the Director of Strategy and CEO to nurture client relationships, demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for the partnership and mission, and manage short-term expectations.
What You Will Do
Each day your work will focus on these kinds of activities:
- Manage the planning and execution of design, branding, PR and integrated campaigns.
- Manage Project Managers and Account Coordinators.
- Work closely with Director of Strategy to ensure the proper creative project briefs are being communicated at the start of a project.
- Refine and maintain processes that support stellar end products. Team members and client projects should be stronger and more efficient with you at the table.
- Lead internal and client kick-off meetings.
- Ensure the production of monthly client status reports.
- Assign the proper team members to projects.
- Analyze time spent on projects and utilization goals to determine pricing/efficiency..
- Manage the execution of project scopes, participate in the evaluation, and help define the best team makeup for assigned projects – identifying, vetting, selecting, and managing outside contractors and vendors to complete work when necessary.
- Oversee tasks and timelines to assure delivery of milestones.
- Assess project risks on an ongoing basis, escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor out of scope requests, initiate additional estimates and approvals.
- Assist in contract and proposal creation to make sure they address client needs and outcomes at an executional level.
- Maintain and improve processes by which projects can be accomplished.
What You Know
Because of your past experience, you have a healthy mix of these skills and knowledge:
- A marketing background and an interest in and aptitude for problem-solving.
- A competency and knowledge of current digital and social frameworks, platforms, tools, products, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations and manage communications in a responsive, friendly and professional manner.
- Understanding of the tools, processes and personnel required to take a project from the first draft of a proposal to a finished solution.
- Ability to prioritize your work based on client and agency dynamics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to gracefully and tactfully say “yes” as well as “no” and defend your answer in a way that adds value to the team and client.
Who You Are
You are a highly organized generalist with a strategic mindset and you have a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You derive satisfaction from managing teams toward pre-planned goals.
- You have worked in an agency before (mandatory), performing in a similar role.
- You have a marketing or design-related background and an interest in, and aptitude for, producing creative marketing solutions.
- You ask great questions.
- You’re self-motivated.
- You are agile and can adjust gears to go with the flow as needed.
- You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You think on the fly and can articulate your ideas in real time, and with clarity.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
Yellow Duck Marketing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Full time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including PTO/VTO, a retirement account match, health and life insurance with optional dental, vision and disability insurance.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and “Account Director Position” in the subject line.