JOB TITLE: Traffic & Production Manager
Are you a seasoned Traffic & Production Manager with lots of agency experience? Is your sock drawer folded and organized? Do you have digital and print experience? Do you have to have calendar reminders to breathe? Are you calm, cool, and collected? A problem solver? Have a logical, well-organized work style? Love helping a team perform at its optimal level? A whiz at using technology? If so, you may be our new duck. You might be the key to organizing and streamlining internal creative and production operations across the agency, ensuring creative teams are leveraging tools, schedules and budgets correctly, communicating status regularly, and addressing allocation and budget issues in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Traffic & Production
- Assists in refining agency project management system (Teamwork) and processes.
- Provides direction and supervision on traffic and production to keep workload prioritized and balanced; ensures smooth day-to-day operations within the agency.
- Creates projects in project management software.
- Creates and coordinates project production schedules for all jobs including allocating time spent for each work item to every team member.
- Prioritizes and updates traffic list for bi-weekly traffic meetings.
- Tracks, monitors, guides all jobs for their assigned clients through account service, creative and media and analyzes time spent to ensure future projections are on point.
- Communicates with all departments on status of jobs to ensure efficient, on time and on budget workflow.
- Reviews layouts and print proofs in person for accuracy.
- Oversees quality standards of printed and purchased artwork; monitors performance and cost of vendors and print production materials.
- Obtains publication production specifications for creative department; ensures jobs are created to specifications.
- Maintain fair and amiable vendor relationships; interviews and maintains list of new vendors as needed.
- Obtains print estimates; helps prepare project estimates for client approval.
- Checks and approves space, time and production invoices against estimates before forwarding to the client.
- Keeps apprised of new techniques and/or developments in graphic arts, production and new media; shares new, innovative or inspirational ideas with fellow team members.
- Coordinates traditional media buys; ensures all media contracts are correct; checks media estimates against plan/estimate.
- Obtains tear sheets from media outlets as needed.
Freelance Resource Management
- Accurately determines when freelance assistance is necessary through project management allocations or if outside skills are needed.
- Helps to organize and build out a broad network of new and existing freelance resources.
- Finalizes all freelance hires, negotiating all rates in alignment with client budgets and senior leadership.
- Acts as first point of contact with freelancers, ensuring that they are set up correctly and have the necessary tools and understanding of the assignment.
- Handles all freelance communication, paperwork, and processing.
- Verifies and oversees the processing of freelance timesheets and invoices.
- Evaluates freelance performance, taking input from team members to ensure all freelancers are meeting or exceeding role standards.
- Might assist in billing/bookkeeping tasks – Monthly Hourly spreadsheet, Receipts sent to Accounting from purchases
- Oversees general office logistics: orders office supplies, calls tech support, receives packages, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a highly organized velvet hammer with a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You derive satisfaction from managing teams toward pre-planned goals.
- Unfinished things drive you crazy.
- You love organization and process.
- You ask great questions.
- You’re self-motivated.
- You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
- You are a great communicator and are able to influence people to get on board with your ideas.
- Working on a hundred projects doesn’t faze you.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- REQUIRED: 4+years’ experience in traffic management, project management and implementation, or equivalent in an agency with print experience (not just digital)
- Teamwork software experience (really, the software is called Teamwork)
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed project schedules, plans and/or programs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Detail-oriented and a clear communicator
- Ability to proof print and digital pieces for copy and design errors
- Positive attitude, flexible, works well under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members
- Intense desire to excel in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment
- Strong follow-through skills
- Excellent computer skills, with experience utilizing process management software
- Supremely self-confident and fun to work with
- Need to take the creative work seriously but not take themselves too seriously
A TYPICAL WEEK INVOLVES
- 30% – Internal Project Management / Scheduling / Timelines within PM system
- 30% – Communication with members of Accounts, Creative & Digital Teams
- 25% – Reporting, Billing & Office Tasks
- 10% – Team Meetings
- 5% – Miscellaneous
Please include your salary requirements when submitting your resume to email@example.com.
Once deemed eligible, health benefits include 90% employer contribution to health insurance through Aetna, discounted vision, dental and other insurance types. Employer provides short term disability coverage. We provide cell and internet reimbursement and a dollar-for-dollar match on up to 3% of your salary into a SIMPLE IRA at Fidelity. YDM offers mental health days, volunteer time off, Christmas week off, Summer Fridays and more.
We are currently working in the office 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Candidates must be Charlotte, NC-based for consideration.
ABOUT YELLOW DUCK MARKETING
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, marketing research, web design, digital, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a national wingspan specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond, and a few fun international food product clients peppered in.
Our responsive and passionate team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make them to be raving fans. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good while doing well—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. Check out our values. If you don’t share them, that’s OK – there’s another great company out there for you.
Yellow Duck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.