JOB TITLE: WEB DESIGNER
Reports to: Digital Director
Are you a web designer who is seeking a new nest? Do you code your sock drawer by color? Are you calm, cool, and collected? A problem solver? Have a logical, well-organized work style? Love helping a team perform at its optimal level? Do you get excited about color AND code? If so, you may be our new duck.
We are looking for a web designer. This position requires a combination of digital administration skills (WordPress, MailChimp, etc.) and design aesthetics (UX/UI design). The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of industry trends and design best practices. Experience with responsive and accessible design is required. In addition, an understanding of the web development process – including design, development and deployment, with some HTML and CSS knowledge – is preferred. The designer reports to the Digital Director and will work closely with the digital marketing team to design new websites and update existing client websites.
- Client website updates
- Desktop + mobile website design, wireframes and mockups – creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, user feedback and user flow
- Translating brand preferences and requirements into style guides/moodboards, design patterns and attractive/usable user interfaces
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows and target links for landing pages through A/B testing
- WordPress maintenance
- HTML email signature creation/development
- SEO metadata research & entry
- Monthly web reporting
- 4+ years of demonstrated professional experience in website UX design. Agency experience is a plus.
- Proficient in WCAG AA Best Practices and UX/UI Best Practices
- Solid proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Adobe Xd and Ps)
- Minimum of 2 years’ proficiency with Google AdWords, Google Analytics and SEO
- Strong self-management and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, project management and organization skills to ensure that projects stay on schedule and within budget
- Communication skills to
- Strong desire to research, learn and assess current industry trends
- FTP knowledge
- SharpSpring and/or Lasso experience
- Shopify experience
WHO YOU ARE
You are a highly organized digital design pro with a healthy mix of these qualities:
- Unfinished things drive you crazy.
- You are inspired by beautiful things but the science intrigues you as much as the art.
- You ask great questions.
- You’re self-motivated.
- You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
- You are a great communicator and are able to influence people to get on board with your ideas.
- Working on multiple projects at a time doesn’t faze you.
A TYPICAL WEEK
- 60% – WordPress Updates + Web Design
- 10% – Communication with Members of Accounts, Creative & Digital Teams
- 5% – Reporting, Billing & Office Tasks
- 10% – Team Meetings & Fun
- 5% – Education, Self-Improvement and Trend Spotting
Please include your salary requirements when submitting your resume / portfolio of sites you’ve developed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the first full month of employment, we offer health benefits with an 85% employer contribution to employee’s health insurance through Aetna, discounted vision, dental and other insurance types. Employer provides short-term disability coverage. We provide (tax-free) cell and internet reimbursement and a dollar-for-dollar match on up to 3% of your salary into a SIMPLE IRA at Fidelity. Educational reimbursement and self-improvement and physical/mental health wellness programs are also included.
We are currently working in the office 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Candidates must be Charlotte, NC-based for consideration.
ABOUT YELLOW DUCK MARKETING
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, marketing research, web design, digital, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a national wingspan specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond, and a couple fun hospitality clients peppered in.
Our responsive and passionate team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make them to be raving fans. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good while doing well—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. Check out our values on our website. If you don’t share them, that’s OK – there’s another great company out there for you.
Yellow Duck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.