Reports to: Director of Account Services
Hi from Yellow Duck Marketing!
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, marketing research, web design, messaging, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a wingspan from the Carolinas to Washington and clients from California to Massachusetts specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond.
Our responsive and passionate team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make into raving fans. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good and having fun—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. The Duck Pond is an open, collaborative, and creative agency environment tucked between the Plaza Midwood and Chantilly neighborhoods, and we are continuing to grow!
About This Position
The Account Manager works with clients to interpret their needs, identify opportunities, gather baseline information and make strategic recommendations for scope of work. The position serves as a resource to the client and members of the team. This role requires previous experience in marketing/design, excellent problem solving and stellar organizational and communication skills. Having real estate marketing experience is a plus.
Client Service/Communications: You’ll be a key touch-point to support clients working solo, as well as in collaboration with the Senior members of the team to develop strategies and marketing plans (some of this you will do on your own) and nurture and grow client relationships, demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for the partnership and mission, and manage expectations.
Project Planning: You can look at a well-researched and well-written strategy or brief and work to turn it into a comprehensive execution plan that includes tasks, timelines, and talent and guide the team’s efforts to complete the project.
Resource Management: You will manage the necessary tasks, timelines, team and budget to see a project through to completion – accomplished according to schedule and profitability.
The successful candidate will:
- Be someone who can bring ideas to the table.
- Ideally have a background in real estate marketing and municipality campaigns or civic planning.
- Enjoy working in community engagement.
- Have solid experience working with creative designers.
What you will do:
- Manage the planning and execution of design, branding, PR and integrated campaigns.
- Ensure the production of monthly client status reports.
- Assign the proper team members to projects.
- Analyze time spent on projects and utilization goals to determine pricing/efficiency.
- Manage the execution of project scopes, participate in the evaluation, and help define the best team makeup for assigned projects – identifying, vetting, selecting, and managing outside contractors and vendors to complete work when necessary.
- Oversee tasks and timelines to assure delivery of milestones.
- Assess project risks on an ongoing basis, escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor out-of-scope requests, initiate additional estimates and approvals.
- Assist in contract and proposal creation to make sure they address client needs and outcomes at an executional level.
What You Know
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations and manage communications in a responsive, friendly and professional manner.
- Understanding of the tools, processes and personnel required to take a project from the first draft of a proposal to a finished solution.
- Ability to prioritize your work based on client and agency dynamics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly take notes in client and public meetings to document every detail.
- Ability to gracefully and tactfully say “yes” as well as “no” and defend your answer in a way that adds value to the team and client.
- A competency and knowledge of current digital and social frameworks, platforms, tools, products, etc.
Who You Are
You are highly organized with a strategic mindset and you have a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You derive satisfaction from managing teams toward pre-planned goals.
- You have a marketing, urban planning, real estate, municipal-related background and an interest in, and aptitude for, producing creative marketing solutions.
- You ask great questions.
- You’re self-motivated.
- You are agile and can adjust gears to go with the flow as needed.
- You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You think on the fly and can articulate your ideas in real time, and with clarity.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
- You are a great communicator and are able to influence people to get on board with your ideas.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- Experience in an agency setting required
- 3-5 years’ experience required
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Power Point and Excel)
- Adobe InDesign experience a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require evening work or occasional weekend work with public engagement. Work may require very occasional overnight travel. This job is Full Time status with 40 hours a week minimum 5 days in the office expected per week.