Reports to: Director of Account Services
Hi from Yellow Duck Marketing!
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, marketing research, web design, messaging, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients with a wingspan from the Carolinas to Washington and clients from California to Massachusetts specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond.
Our family-oriented team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make into raving fans while making a difference in our community. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good and having fun—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. Do you share our core values?
PASSIONATE We are passionate about our creative craft, passionate about what we’re doing and how we can impact our partners’ businesses, and passion about making our city a better place.
RESPONSIVE We are agile and timely with genuine eagerness.
POSITIVE We bring a positive attitude to our clients and teamwork.
PARTNER FOCUSED Do right by the customer and everything will be ducky. We proceed from the customer POV and are customer focused above all else. We have the client’s interest in mind, not creative for sake of being creative for our own purposes.
ADAPTABLE We are multi-faceted, nimble, malleable and above all listen to the client’s needs. We strive to keep on top of industry trends.
About This Position
The Account Manager, who will be a consummate communicator and organizer, will work with clients to interpret their needs, identify opportunities, gather baseline information and make strategic recommendations for scope of work. The position serves as a resource to the client and members of the team. This role requires previous experience in community outreach and public relations, and excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills. As the bulk of this role is serving a utility, having experience with municipalities, utilities or engineering is a major plus.
Client Service/Communications: You’ll be a key touch-point to support clients working solo, as well as in collaboration with the senior members of the team to develop strategies, communications and marketing plans (some of this you will do on your own) and nurture and grow client relationships, demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for the partnership and mission, and manage expectations.
Community Outreach: You’ll be doing community outreach activities, including door-to-door visits to local businesses, to keep the public informed. You will also develop innovative ways to gather community feedback regarding a variety of topics blending market research, technology and public events.
Resource Management: You will manage the necessary tasks, timelines, team and budget to see a project through to completion – accomplished according to schedule and profitability in a highly detailed way.
Public Relations: You will devise the communications plan, creative angles, pitch to media and steward those relationships to relentlessly pursue great coverage. You will anticipate any potential community concerns or questions from the media.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to oversee major, multi-year projects with a large number of stakeholders and manage the day-to-day details to keep the projects on track.
- Be someone who can bring innovative ideas to the table.
- Enjoy working in community engagement.
- Ideally have an agency background in utilities/engineering, construction, commercial real estate, public relations or municipality marketing.
What you will do:
- Manage the execution of project scopes, participate in the evaluation, and help define the best team makeup for assigned projects – identifying, vetting, selecting, and managing outside contractors and vendors to complete work when necessary.
- Manage tasks and timelines to assure delivery of milestones.
- Assess project risks on an ongoing basis, escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor out-of-scope requests, initiate additional estimates and approvals.
- Manage the planning and execution of communications and PR campaigns, including design materials.
- Write talking points, copy and community updates.
- Engage the public through community outreach activities.
- Design online surveys or develop online engagement tools.
- Ensure the production of monthly client status or coverage reports.
- Analyze time spent on projects and utilization goals to determine pricing/efficiency.
- Assist in contract and proposal creation to make sure they address client needs and outcomes at an executional level.
- Assist managing other accounts for maternity leave support.
What You Know
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations and manage communications in a responsive, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to write with clarity in an understandable way to the masses in a compelling way and how to tailor the message by medium.
- Understanding of the tools, processes and personnel required to take a project from the first draft of a proposal to a finished solution.
- Ability to prioritize your work based on client and agency dynamics and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly take notes in client and public meetings to document every detail.
- A competency and knowledge of current digital and social frameworks, platforms, tools, products, etc.
- How to engage disenfranchised populations to ensure everyone’s voice is heard.
Who You Are
You are highly organized with a strategic mindset and you have a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You derive satisfaction from managing teams toward pre-planned goals.
- You have a communications, municipal-related or construction background and an interest in, and aptitude for, producing creative marketing solutions.
- You ask great questions and are happy listening.
- You’re self-motivated and have hustle.
- You are agile and can adjust gears to go with the flow as needed.
- You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You think on the fly and can articulate your ideas in real time, and with clarity.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
- You are a great communicator and are able to influence people to get on board with your ideas.
Education and Training:
- Experience in an agency setting highly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience required
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Experience with community engagement tools ideal
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require evening work or occasional weekend work with public engagement. This job is Full Time status with 40 hours a week minimum expected per week.
At Yellow Duck, we have a clear vision: to become a best place to work where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We are dedicated to ensuring our team reflects the community we serve. To be considered for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.