Strategic Business Development Director
ABOUT YELLOW DUCK MARKETING
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, marketing research, web design, digital, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a national wingspan specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond, and a few fun international food product clients peppered in.
Our responsive and passionate team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make them into raving fans. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good while doing well—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. Check out our values. If you don’t share them, that’s OK – there’s another great company out there for you. Take some time to learn a bit about us.
We need you…
Are you a driven, successful new business professional? Do you demonstrate a strong ability to interact with senior/C-level leaders and possess a strong client service acumen?
What about the ability to motivate and influence others both internally and externally? Do you take pride in ownership? Oh, and are you passionate and enthusiastic?
This is a senior leadership role with a focus on new business. It requires someone who can source and develop relationships and can engage with senior executives as a thought-leader. This is NOT an account management role. Yes, it requires close relationships with the clients, but it requires someone who understands how to generate new opportunities and wants to be part of a leadership team.
- Working closely with our leadership team to formulate and drive our new business strategy, helping to identify targets, as well as sourcing and pursuing new business contacts
- Positioning and selling Yellow Duck Marketing as the leaders in integrated and inspired marketing solutions
- Writing/designing proposals in proposal software
- Vetting incoming leads and analyzing business needs
- Actively being a part of the team, developing breakthrough, business-building strategies to help our clients reach their goals
- Provide strategic advice around additional offerings and services that we should add to continuously support the growth of our clients as well as staying up to date with market trends
- Conducting outreach to senior-level corporate communications professionals; mid- to large-size companies across multiple industry sectors including financial, professional, technology and industrial services
- Accurately forecasting and managing the sales pipeline
- Managing segmentation, etc. in CRM
- Establishing, retaining, and growing business relationships
- Identifying $1.5 million of potential revenue per year with the goal of helping agency meet or exceed annual AGI target.
- Developing strategies to pursue and execute contracts for 4 major clients (in our core industries serviced) per year, defined as projects with more than $100,000 income/year and one at $200,000.
7-10 years in related role / industry
BA in Communications, Marketing or related field
Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, persuasive, priority-driven, and collaborative
Strong leadership acumen with an understanding of multi-disciplinary solutions
Ability to drive complex, multi-year deals
Business development agency experience
Strong understanding of project and process management
Excellent oral and written communication skills
PR industry experience
Real estate and apartment/development industry experience
P & L management
WHO YOU ARE
You are driven and self-motivated
You are a great communicator and influencer (you have woo)
You ask great questions
You are a leader, but also are a team player
You are detailed-oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage others
You have an eye for design
After the first full month of employment, we offer health benefits with over an 80%+ employer contribution to health insurance through Aetna and discounted vision, dental and other insurance types. Employer provides short-term disability coverage. We provide (tax-free) cell and internet reimbursement and a dollar-for-dollar match on up to 3% of your salary into a SIMPLE IRA at Fidelity. Educational reimbursement and self-improvement and physical/mental health wellness programs are also included.
Interested parties should send a short intro video, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.