Redesigning your website seems daunting. You haven’t touched it since you launched, and it’s starting to look and feel outdated. First impressions matter – visitors won’t stick around too long if your website doesn’t appeal to them. We’re here to tell you why it’s important to update and redesign your website every few years.
Redesigning your website has many benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- New leads
- Better user experience
- More appealing for new visitors
We asked our Interactive/Web Manager, Laura, issues that should make you consider a website redesign:
- Poor mobile functionality. Google sends out notifications about mobile functionality so sign up for Google Analytics and Google Search Console if you haven’t already.
- Not converting or meeting business goals. If your website isn’t bringing the desired number of leads or sales (one of the benefits of having an awesome website), it may be time for a redesign. You want your website to convey your message, your business and what you have to offer.
- Company changes. This can range from new hires to new branding guidelines. Whatever the case may be, make sure your website is up to date with your current company status.
- Low visitor numbers. What’s the point of a website if no one is visiting it? Increase online visitors when you regularly maintain and update your website and ensure that it’s search engine optimized.
Before the actual redesign there are a couple of things you can do to make sure your website design process goes smoothly:
- Make a list of your website goals. What is that you want to achieve with your new website? What do you want to convey to your clients and audience?
- Make a list of websites that you like and actually enjoy visiting. Reviewing competitor websites is also a good idea to see what they’re delivering to their audience that your website currently isn’t.
This will be a good exercise prior to seeking professional help as it will give you a starting point for your rebuild.
Let Us Help!
Need some assistance in redesigning your website or brand? We know this is imperative to growing your online presence and are happy to lend a helping hand. Give us a call at 704-271-9555 or email us!