Think you have what it takes to be a duck? We’d love to hear from you! We’re now hiring a Contract Web Designer/Graphic Designer at the Duck Pond. See the job listing below to see if you qualify, and shoot us an email with your resume, cover letter, portfolio and any links to previous projects to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract Web Designer/Graphic Designer
Start Date: January
Reports to: Director of Strategy
PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
A marketing agency based in trendy area of SouthEnd Charlotte, N.C., is seeking a highly motivated individual with a wide variety of digital and graphic design experience within the marketing sector. This position will assist with all existing clients and account teams as well as pitch in for general office work. The 3-month contract has the potential to extend. The position requires approximately 30-40 hours per week.
- Assisting with brainstorming sessions and new concepts
- Design, implementation and copywriting for websites, marketing collateral and blogs
- Project management of new website development
- Designing marketing collateral, logos, flyers, ads, signage and brand guidelines
- Helping organize and coordinate the preparation of marketing materials
- Creating unique and eye-catching e-blasts or ads for print and web
- Creating content for social media calendars if experienced in social media
- Programming vendor handling and communication
- Updating client websites or populating content
- Assisting in writing client website proposals and sales
- Client services
- Search engine optimization and search engine marketing as needed
- Proofreading/editing of marketing collateral, proposals and website content
- Creating monthly reporting for clients for Google
- Possess a proactive attitude to do whatever it takes to accomplish to goals for the client in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with developing websites from the ground up from outlining client UX/UI specifications, wireframing and design to implementing content, testing and launching.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, and Photoshop, Dreamweaver or Fireworks is mandatory.
- Deep experience with InDesign/Illustrator a plus.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet research and photo editing/sharing software.
- Experience with managing brands’ social media and/or understanding of best practices.
- Ability to work within urgent deadlines and able to shift tasks immediately.
- Highly motivated with a strong willingness to learn.
- Valid drivers license, car and insurance.
- Must not have a fear of ducks or the color yellow.
- Detail-oriented with a strong command of the English language and spelling (without spell check).
- Ability to interact with anyone at any time
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to manage weekly tasks and follow internal approval process
- Resourcefulness to improvise and creatively solve problems and research thoroughly
- Ability to take direction and adapt design to clients’ desires
- Excellent communication, common sense and strong organizational skills
- Strong team player with passion and dedication to the tasks at hand
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, portfolio and links to previous projects.