We added some exciting new accounts during the first quarter (Kimpton Hotels, Lincoln Harris, New Forum), and we continued to look for opportunities to share our clients’ stories. Some recent examples:
- Who says self-storage can’t be ridiculously good looking? Development Management Inc. is starting work on its first facility in South End, and the project will feature an industrial chic feel and even a wine bar. The rendering for DMI’s two-story building prompted the Charlotte Observer to ask if this was the best-looking development in Charlotte.
- Downtown Matthews is raising its game. Several new restaurants and bars have opened in recent months, including Temple Mojo, Mac’s Speed Shop and Jekyll and Hyde. And soon YDM client Lat Purser will be building an expansive outdoor patio for Pizza Peel & Tap Room, which will open a new location at LPA’s Matthews Station development in the heart of downtown. Check out Charlotte Agenda’s piece on why this southeastern suburb is becoming a destination.
- Women in business: Amanda Gardner was recently appointed chief financial officer at New Forum, where she now oversees all investor and banking relationships for the company and its affiliates. In a Q&A with Bisnow, Amanda talked about her outlook for financing in the year ahead, how lenders approach mixed-use development and what Charlotte needs to be a better community.
- Starting a Renaissance for Children: Construction has begun on the Howard R. Levine Child Development Center at the Renaissance, the new community at the site of the former Boulevard Homes public housing site. The center will be operated by the YMCA of Greater Charlotte and Bank of America provided some funding for the facility, which will serve 152 children.
- A serious upgrade from the Carousel Club: Lincoln Harris has been selected to market a new mixed-use building in Charlotte: 3441 South Boulevard will feature two floors of office space totaling approximately 24,000 square feet over 12,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space.
If you need help spreading the word about your business, contact Will Boye for more information about our PR services!