Will Boye and the team have been busy providing public relations support for several new openings this fall: A new hotel in uptown Charlotte, a new charter elementary school developed by Andre Agassi and new residential communities in the Charlotte region by the nation’s seventh-largest homebuilder. We’ve also handled PR for clients starting work on a new office development in the Charleston market and on a new hotel in Asheville.
- Welcome to Charlotte, Kimpton! Overlooking Romare Bearden Park and BB&T Ballpark, Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel opened its doors this month in uptown Charlotte. It’s the first hotel in the Queen City for boutique hotel operator Kimpton, and locals were lining up to check out the 19th floor rooftop bar and lounge, Merchant & Trade. Check out the stories and photos of Charlotte’s newest luxury hotel by Domino, USA TODAY, the Charlotte Business Journal and the Charlotte Observer. We also had a Q&A Newsmaker article with Kimpton’s CEO in CBJ and a lovely spread in SouthPark magazine among others.
- Andre Agassi visits KIPP Charlotte: Tennis champion Andre Agassi visited Charlotte in October for the grand opening of KIPP Charlotte’s new elementary campus, KIPP Change Academy, which was developed by the Turner-Agassi Charter School Facilities Fund. Sports columnist Scott Fowler talked with Agassi prior to the ceremony about how he has found his true calling building charter schools across the country.
- New communities for Taylor Morrison: The seventh-largest homebuilder in the country, Taylor Morrison has been busy in the Charlotte region, launching sales at Hunton Forest, a new 356-home community in Concord, and at Bent Creek in Indian Land, which features 138 homesites. VP of Sales Jodi Mosser also was featured in a Charlotte Observer trend piece on inventory homes.
- Queen City connection in Mount Pleasant: Charlotte-based Lat Purser & Associates broke ground last month on a new two-story office building in Mount Pleasant that will be anchored by Consolidated Planning, a comprehensive financial planning firm also based in Charlotte. Lat Purser expects to complete the project next year.
- Biltmore Station to add hotel: As part of its repositioning of the Biltmore Station mixed-use center in Asheville, Aston Properties has sold a two-acre site at the development to Baywood Hotels, which plans to build a four-story Home2 Suites by Hilton. The hotel is expected to open in 2019.
If you need help spreading the word about your business, contact us for more information about our PR services!