Think you have what it takes to be a duck? We’d love to hear from you! We’re now hiring a Fall Intern for PR & Writing at the Duck Pond. See the job listing below to see if you qualify, and shoot us an email with your resume and writing clips or links to email@example.com.
Fall Intern – PR & Writing
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Strategy
PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
A marketing agency based in trendy area of South End Charlotte, N.C., is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background and interest in content writing, PR, events and social media. This position will assist with work for existing clients and account teams as well as pitch in for general office work. The 3-month fall internship requires approximately 12-25 hours per week and can be for college credit.
- Copywriting for newsletters collateral pieces (brochures, flyers, rack cards, etc.)
- Writing and research for press releases
- Content writing for websites and e-blasts
- Developing and managing social media content
- Composing articles for print and/or blogs
- Proofreading/editing of marketing collateral and website content
- Assistance with outreach and events
- Assisting with brainstorming sessions and new pitches
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Possess a proactive attitude to do whatever it takes to accomplish to goals for the client in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing content for print, social media, web and PR.
- Understanding of social media best practices.
- Must be highly proficient in internet research, Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with PowerPoint and InDesign preferred.
- Experience with managing brands’ social media and/or understanding of best practices.
- Ability to work within urgent deadlines and able to shift tasks immediately.
- Highly motivated with a strong willingness to learn.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings for events.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must not have a fear of ducks or the color yellow.
- Detail-oriented with a strong command of the English language and spelling (without spell check).
- Ability to interact with anyone at any time.
- Creative vision with an eye for today’s trends.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to manage weekly tasks and follow internal approval process.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and creatively solve problems and research thoroughly.
- Ability to take direction and adapt design to clients’ desires.
- Excellent communication, common sense and strong organizational skills.
- Strong team player with passion and dedication to the tasks at hand.
Please send an email with resume and writing clips or links to firstname.lastname@example.org.